Total Pageviews

Monday, August 30, 2010

A little bit about me

The life of a PI is certainly an interesting and different profession. It's not like a lawyer, a doctor, or a salesman. It is filled with adventure and often danger..... I stumbled upon this at the young age of 21 while out in California struggling to be the next Tom Cruise. After a solid year of pouring wheat grass, and being hit on by every Tom, Dick, and Harry I decided to pack it in and move back with my tail between my legs. My dad thought I was nuts because I quit a job as a prison guard and even worse he thought I was light in my loafers because I had an earring and a kick ass pair of cowboy boots.......Yes this all sounds like I failed as the next action hero although like my 17 year old daughter Elizabeth who just returned from a gruelling 3800 cross country bike ride .......it was life altering. If I hadn't I NEVER would have met Douglas Florence the epitome of a gumshoe and my mentor..... The few months I spent working with Douglas has since turned into 25 years of friendship and some great advise....... The funny thing is that my acting now has all come full circle as I have already shot one TV pilot (that failed) and have been considered for another. I have taken what I learned back then along with some major life experience producing and starring in a doc film " A Father's Fight that soon will be in print. So my point is never give up and NEVER settle.

I ask that you " ASK THE DICK" for your advise on life, love, and all your investigative needs...

Thx Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment